Tuesday, January 22, 2008

I'm not a music fan after all

My iPod + iTunes keeps track of every song I listen to. So with the help of iScrobbler I was able to find out what I've listened to for the past 2 years. The results in continuous 24 hour days of listening
  • Beatles - 3 days
  • David Bowie - 2 days
  • Sonic youth, Animal Collective, Califone, TV on the Radio, Radiohead, Pink Floyd, the Microphones, Beck, and Hayden - 1 day
  • Pixies, Bonnie "Prince" Billy, The Flaming Lips, Tortoise, Genesis, Fridge, Tom Waits, The Arcade Fire, The Strokes, Bloc Party, Neutral Milk Hotel, Panda Bear, Interpol, Mastodon - > 1/2 day
And then everything else falls in to the long tail of occasional listens. Frighteningly, I listen to an average of 18.1 Beatles songs per week! I must make an effort to listen to the rest of my collection.

2 comments:

Nature Nerd said...

If you'd've asked me what kind of music Barsky is into, the answer wouldn't have been The Beatles.

Heather said...

half a day's worth of *genesis*?! that's a lot of phil collins dude.